A highly used service in the Village is the annual leaf collection provided by the Village for the residents. Leaf collection normally starts mid October and runs to December 15th depending on weather. During this time, brush will not be picked up. Brush collection will resume April 1st.
To ensure fast and accurate leaf pick up, some guidelines have been set in place. If these guidelines are not followed, the leaves will not be picked up and public works will leave a door hanger on your door stating what was not followed. The leaves will not be picked up until the problem has been corrected.
Leaf Removal Guidelines
- Leaves are to be piled at the curb line but extending back no further than 6 feet. The equipment used for leaf collection
cannot reach any further than that. Please use entire road frontage if needed.
- Keep brush and other debris such as rocks, garden hoses, bags, etc., out of the leaf piles.
These will cause damage to the
equipment and possible injury to the employee.
- Leaves piled by the street blocked behind parked cars will not be picked up.
- Do not pile leaf piles on top of storm sewer catch basins or water meter pit. This will cause the catch basin to clog up and clog the storm sewers.
Every effort is made to collect leaves in each area of the Village at least once on a weekly basis; however, this cannot be guaranteed. The accumulation of leaves that are collected is affected by many factors including, the weather and simply when residents decide to rake their leaves. As a result, it is impossible to have a set schedule on the removal of the leaves. The Village’s administrative staff monitors the schedule and the progress of leaf collection on a daily basis to assure each area of the village is getting proper services.
Please remember that Fire Code prohibits open burns within the Village of Williamsburg. This includes burning of trash, leaves, brush, etc. For more information regarding open burns, please call the Williamsburg Township Fire & EMS at (513) 724-7744.
A highly used service in the Village is brush removal provided by the Village for the residents. Please be advised, any professional tree trimmers, contractors, landscaping companies, etc., are required to remove any waste generated from the home owners property and not placed out by the curb for public works to remove.
Brush Collection Schedule
Brush collection for the Village has been separted into four areas. Each Monday one designated area will be collected. The new brush schedule will allow staff to perform the collection in a timely and effective manner. Please review the Brush Collection Schedule for your streets designated Monday.
The compost lot will be available for brush drop off between scheduled collection days. Call (513) 724-6107 for details about the compost lot.
Brush Removal Guidelines
To ensure fast and accurate removal, some guidelines have been established. If the guidelines are not followed, the brush will not be picked up and public works will leave a door hanger on your door stating what was not followed. The brush will not be picked up until the problem has been corrected.
- The length of limbs you set out should be as long as possible, or to the length at which you can drag them to the curb.
- The pile size should be no larger than 4 feet tall. If you have brush that exceeds that height, split the brush into multiple piles.
- Twigs and sticks may be picked up but are required to be put in a garbage can or bundled up with string, not wire. Bundle size cannot
exceed 6” in diameter. It can also be placed in your garbage can for your weekly trash removal.
- When placing brush by the curb, make sure that its laid with the stalk end towards the road.
- We do not accept vines or ornamental grasses, or any materials such as rocks, bricks, fencing materials, lumber. These items are to
be disposed of in your garbage cans for weekly trash removal.
- Do not place brush in the road or storm gutters because it may constitute a traffic hazard and clog the storm drains.
- Do not place brush on the sidewalk or on top of water meter
pit. If there is not enough room between the side walk and the road, place it in your yard behind the sidewalk.
- Branches may be no larger than 6” in diameter. Anything over that will not be picked up.
- Leaves and brush should not be mixed together. They are picked up at different times of the year. If they are mixed, they will not be picked up.
- Brush removal starts April 1st until October 1st when leaf removal begins.